Our Privacy & Data Protection Policy
Oakfield Tours Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) this Policy sets out why we collect personal information about individuals and how we use that information. It explains the legal basis for this and the rights you have over the way your information is used.
If you have any questions about this Policy or about your personal information held by us please contact us by email: [email protected]
What type of personal information do we collect?
The type and amount of information we collect depends on why you are providing it.
If you ask us to send a brochure or information either by email or post we record your name, postal address and or email address. If you book a trip with us we record your name, postal address, contact telephone number and email address. We may also record other information such as special dietary requirements or mobility issues if they are relevant and necessary. If you are supply us with goods or services we may need
When we collect information
We may collect information from you whenever you contact us or have any involvement with us for example when you:
- Purchase a coach trip or event from us. Or we provide you with a service.
- visit our website (see our Cookies policy below)
- ask to receive information about our activities, offers.
- contact us in any way including online, email, phone, SMS, social media or post
- supply us with goods or services
Where we collect information
We collect information:
- When you give it to us directly for example when you request a brochure, purchase a coach trip either in person, by email or telephone or from the website or sell us a service
- When it is available on social media: depending on your settings or the privacy policies applying for social media and messaging services you use, such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We will use your personal information in a number of ways which reflect the legal basis applying to processing of your data. These may include:
- providing you with the information or services you have asked for
- sending you digital or postal marketing communication, with your consent, including information about our services and activities, promotional campaigns support. You can opt out at any time.
- seeking your views on the services or activities we carry out so that we can make improvements
- maintaining our organisational records and ensuring we know how you prefer to be contacted
We may also disclose your personal information if we are required to do so under any legal obligation and may use external data for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction, or where doing so would not infringe your rights, but is necessary and in the public interest.
Other than this, we will not share your information with another organisation without your consent.
How we keep your information safe
Oakfield Tours Ltd is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. All information you provide to Oakfield Tours Ltd is stored securely. When you give us your booking information it is stored on Intuit Quickbooks secure server. Any financial information is not kept by Oakfield Tours and payment is processed by a payment gateway ‘Stripe’. Even though significant steps have been taken to protect your Personal Data, no company, including Oakfield Tours Ltd, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data. Any transmission is at your own risk.
Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enable the server to collect information from the browser. They are stored on your hard drive to allow our website to recognise you when you visit.
You can block any cookies from any website through your browser settings. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the Flash cookies make it quicker and easier for you to access sites on subsequent visits that use Flash technology. Deleting them means you may have to re-enter information each time you visit the same site. But just like any cookie, you can delete Flash cookies by going to the Settings Manager for your Adobe Flash Player. You will be taken to the Adobe website, which lists the websites with the cookies in your browser. Just click Delete opposite the relevant website.
You can find out more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org, which gives details on how to delete cookies from your computer. For information on how to do this on your mobile phone browser, please see your handset manual.
How long we keep your information for
We will hold your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity. By way of example, we hold records of sales transactions for at least six years so we can fulfil our statutory obligations for tax purposes.
You have the right to request details of the processing activities that we carry out with your personal information through making a Subject Access Request. Such requests have to be made in writing. More details about how to make a request, and the procedure to be followed, can be found by contacting the [email protected]
Subject to certain safeguard or limitations and exemptions you also have the following rights:
- the right to request rectification of information that is inaccurate or out of date;
- the right to erasure of your information (known as the “right to be forgotten”);
- the right to restrict the way in which we are dealing with and using your information; and
- the right to request that your information be provided to you in a format that is secure and suitable for re-use (known as the “right to portability”);
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling including profiling for marketing purposes.
If you are not happy with the way in which we have processed or dealt with your information, in the first instance inform the General Manager or you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
This Policy may be changed from time to time. If we make any significant changes we will advertise this on our website or may contact you directly with the information. You are advised to check this Policy when you consider giving your personal information to us.